Re: Still have not got "HOST.PORT.SID"

From: <biju_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 09:32:46 GMT

Dear Luo,

I saw your listener.ora file which you had posted earlier. Your listener is configured only for ipc protocol. You need to configure your listener for tcp/ip where you will have setting with port & sid.

Something like ...

LISTENER =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =
          (COMMUNITY = TCP.world)
          (PROTOCOL = TCP)
          (Host = 172.16.3.12)
          (Port = 1521)
        )

  )

Good Luck

Biju Joseph

In article <6jb0jj$q30$1_at_cronkite.cc.uga.edu>,   huaping_at_pollux.cs.uga.edu (Huaping Luo) wrote:

> Thank all of you who has responded my request.
> Unfortuanately, I have not solved my problem.
>
> My situation: I am writing a program in JAVA. In this program I need to
connect to
> my Oracle database through JDBC thin driver (v7.34 design by Oracle). My
Oracle