Personal Oracle and clients - W95

From: Jan <jan_p_a_at_image.dk>
Date: 9 May 1998 04:27:38 GMT

Hi.

I have installed a Personal Oracle (7.3) under Win95 and it is working well, it seems - I can access it with SQLPlus and other Oracle native clients. But I can't get any connection from eg. Borland's C++ Builder (via BDE). I haven't installed a TCP host adapter (or rather it wasn't installed because the installer felt that it was necessary that I had configured tcp/ip first, which I hadn't at the time), but there seems to be one named pipes instead.

However, it keeps asking for a host name in SQLNet easy conf., and I have no idea about what to do. Any ideas?

/jan Received on Fri May 08 1998 - 23:27:38 CDT