Re: Connecting to a database from server manager

From: Kristian Cookes <k.m.cookes_at_cfm0220.x400.icl.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 14:01:12 +0100

If you want to use the sysdba and sysoper accounts to log in to the remote database you need to create a password file using orapwd (unix) or orapwdxx on NT, change remote_login_passwordfile to exclusive and reload your database. Finally you need to grant sysoper or sysdba privileges to the account you wish to login with. Querying v$pwfile_users shows who has what privilige.
HTH,
Kristian Cookes
ICL Outsourcing Oracle DBA.

The opinions above have absolutely nothing to do with the company that employs me and should they not help in anyway, shape or form then I'm sorry ;->