Re: Connecting to a database from server manager

From: Environment Waikato <ericah_at_wairc.govt.nz>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 16:37:42 +1200

DeremiO_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> I have created a database using Instance Manager. The database is called
> GAVI_DB, the SID is GAVI, the DBA password entered in Instance Manager is
> gaviola. The REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE Initialization Parameter is set as
>
> REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE= SHARED with the db_name=GAVI_DB.
>
> When I run SERVER MANAGER svrmgr23 under Windows NT 4.0 I have problems
> connecting to the database. I am connecting as INTERNAL with the password
> gaviola.
>
> Any suggestions will be appreciated.
>
> Deremi

> http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

You don't say what the error is.

However one thing you need to do is make sure that oracle_sid is set. Either set the oracle_sid registry variable or type set oracle_sid=<sid> before going into server manager.

Erica Harris
Oracle DBA/System Administrator
Environment Waikato
Hamilton
New Zealand Received on Wed May 06 1998 - 23:37:42 CDT