Re: Solaris DiskSuite and Oracle: Any comments ?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 21:28:27 GMT

Strangely I've just come across this for the first time today, and it seems to be somewhat deficient when it comes to creating useful databases as raw files.

If someone can correct me I'll be delighted, but I understand that DiskSuite can only support 7 partitions per physical device, and a single logical raw device can only be defined as a collection of complete partitions.

This seems to be somewhat limiting as I would like to create 12 data files of 600 MB each where each file is spread across 6 discs, i.e. 100 MB per file per disc - however this would require 12 partitions
per disc.

Solution: create large file systems, and create the 12 files in the one
filesystem.

Jonathan Lewis

The man from the great white north <anti-spam-gdallair_at_criq.qc.ca> wrote in article <3551b30b.1733917_at_news.risq.qc.ca>...