SQL*Net problems on 7.3.3.4.1/HP-UX 11.0

From: John Clarke <jclarke_at_centroidsys.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 22:56:37 -0400

We're recently started some 7.3.3.4.1. instances on a new server running HP-UX 11.0, and have been experiencing some SQL*Net connection problems. When we start our instances w/ MTS enabled, we get some MTS messages in our listener.log and all SQL*Net connections hang. Reloading our listener temporarily allows SQL*Net connections to occur, but we've seen sporadic instances os SQL*Net connection failure that force our to reload or stop/start the listener.

When we don't use MTS, we don't see problems. Unfortunately, our user load is probably going to force us to use MTS. Again, after we've reloaded the listener, our success has been so-so - the only constants are that whenever we start an instance w/ MTS enabled and the listener up, we can't get SQL*Net connections.

And yes, we're pretty sure our MTS settings are correct.

We've got a TAR logged, but if anyone has seen this on their own, I'd be happy to hear. Received on Mon May 04 1998 - 21:56:37 CDT