Re: svrmgrl password problems

From: Doug Carter <dcarter_at_tui.com.au>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 10:17:15 +1000

Hi Eric,

First I would not use root to access a database. However your problem likely lies with the operating system authentication used when you try to connect internal. Check to see if root is in the unix group of dba or (with less privileges) oper.

If someone has modified the authentication method (available on Oracle 8 and so maybe 7.3.3) to using a password file then you will need to add an account and permissions for Unix.

Cheers,

Doug Carter
Database Administrator
TUI Consulting

<01bd779b$65e84900$4730a497_at_sherrille27014>...