SQL*Plus Secure Internet Access

From: R. Andrew Broadhurst <broadhurst_at_medservintl.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 15:12:43 -0400

For the last couple of years I've been developing a client-server Power Objects application running on a LAN against an Oracle 7.3 server. Is there any reasonably secure and fast way to access data accross the internet without going to Developer/2000 and rewriting my application for PL/SQL on the Application server? Hanging my database server on the internet seems a little like pulling my pants down in public, but I'd really prefer to use my existing OPO code and tweak it for my web users instead of starting all over.

When I spoke to Oracle about this they suggested Moblie Agents as a reasonably secure method for access to SQL*Net via the web. Has anyone here tried such a configuration?

Thanks,
R. Andrew Broadhurst Received on Mon May 04 1998 - 14:12:43 CDT