Oracle 8 & MS Access 97 Problems Encountered

From: Tom Williams <twilliams_at_atsoultion.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 15:00:26 -0400

After upgrading to the Oracle 8.0.4 driver from 8.0.3, we have been having random record locking errors on linked tables to an Access 97 front end. This occurs even if no other users are in the system. We have not been able to duplicate the problem in-house. We know that we can access the record directly in Oracle and that the reported record(s) are in fact not locked.

I'm not really certain that the problem is related to the latest driver or not. The app has just recently gone to beta testing.

Another thing we have found is that list boxes are NOT always fully populated. Strange!

Any suggestions on how to identify the problems are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tom Williams
Project Manager
ATS Inc.
twilliams_at_atsolution.com Received on Mon May 04 1998 - 14:00:26 CDT