Re: Point-in-Time Recovery on a Tablespace

From: rok <rok_at_MCI2000.com>
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 05:46:35 GMT

Dean,

      If you are running your database in ARCHIVELOG mode then it should be relatively easy to do point in time recovery. Assuming you have all the archived log files up to the point in time you want to do the recovery, first you restore the data files and control files backup taken before the point in time you want to recover. Then use "Recover database until time 'YYYY-MM-DD:HH24:MI:SS' " command to do the recovery up to the point you want to recover. Hope it gives you some idea.

raghuvir

Dean Mah <dmah_at_acs.ucalgary.ca> wrote in article <6icose$mnc_at_ds2.acs.ucalgary.ca>...