Re: Where is Performance Pack?

From: Alan Macro <AlanM_at_hpdi.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 09:05:27 +0100

I've just been using Performance Monitor. There are more counters than you can shake a stick at. The counters come under several categories selected by the "Object" drop-down list (this can be Processor, paging, Logical Disk, Physical disk etc) These "objects" are sleceted for collection in the log view window. If you log processes, you can then report on counters for each task that was running.

One thing that i havn't figured out is why my disk counters are always zero.

You can also get performance data using SQL to get data on, for example, disk I/O from the dynamic performance tables, eg. V$FILESTAT.

I can't find the Tuning Pack either.

Alan Macro

Rowan McCammon wrote in message <3547F689.A126B0F4_at_nospam.amp.com.au>...
>Performance pack is now two products: Diagnostic Pack & Tuning Pack and
last I
>heard Oracle had some licensing problem about supplying them with Workgroup
>Server.
>
>Regards,
>Rowan.
>
>aa wrote:
>
>> I have installed the Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3.4.0.0 from the original
CD
>> but I can't seem to find the performance pack. The document says in the
Enterprise Manager Tools menu I should see some monitoring tools. I don't see any. Is th Performance Pack somewhere on the CD or do I have to acquire them separately?

>> Also the Oracle 7 Performance Monitor that is installed by the CD only
shows
>> 3 counters. Am I missing something here as well?
<Snip> Received on Fri May 01 1998 - 03:05:27 CDT