Re: BEQ Protocol Adapter

From: Lothar Armbrüster <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 30 Apr 98 21:58:14 +0100

On 30-Apr-98 18:04:13 John Cutright wrote:

>Does anyone have any information on the bequeath protocol adapter?
>The only information that I could find in the manuals is that lsnrctl
>uses it to start the listener.
>What is it used for, when should it be used, is it ever used by a
>client, etc.?

Hello John,
as far as I know the bequeath protocol is the way to directly communicate with a locally installed server without having to use any network protocol.
It can *vaguely* be compared with localhost for TCP/IP.

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--

Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de