What are the /var/tmp/o/s#xxxxx files ?

From: Guy Dallaire <spam-sux-gdallair_at_criq.qc.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 14:55:46 GMT

A lot of those files belonging to oracle are lying there. What are they used for, and why don't they disapear when the DB instances go down ? Some are VERY OUTDATED.

I don't want to remove them while my DB instances are running because I fear a crash. When can I safely remove them or how can I identify those that I can already remove. I presume that in the s#xxxxx, the xxx represents some PID. Those are fifo (pipes) files and they don't use disak space, but there are a lot of them and they're eating i-nodes I presume.

We run Solaris 2.4 and Oracle 7.3.x + An old 7.1.6 for the financials.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please reply by e-mail also

Thanks

NOTE: To reply via e-mail, remove the 'spam-sux-' from my e-mail adress Received on Thu Apr 30 1998 - 09:55:46 CDT