Re: Help - Export/Import a Row

From: Greg Parsons <parsons_at_intermetrics.com>
Date: 1998/04/29

Hi Joe,

    Some tools let you perform this operation, like SQLTalk. I think it's from Gupta. It allows you to open 2 cursors (identities in 2 different databases), then you 'Copy 1.tablename to 2.tablename;'. That pulls all data from cursor 1. to 2.. Then you can manipulate as necessary. It seems to be using the memory of the client that has both db's open as an intermediary store row-by-row - like the export file would act. I don't know it's availability. HTH, Greg