Re: IRIX -n32 linking Oracle 7 libs

From: Brent L. Bates <blbates_at_vigyan.com>
Date: 1998/04/29

On Apr 28, 8:54pm, Alexis Cousein <al_at_brussels.sgi.com> wrote:
> Subject: Re: IRIX -n32 linking Oracle 7 libs
> Michael Thompson wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I'm trying to get libs for Oracle 7.x for IRIX that
> > I can link against with -n32 (the supplied libs are
> > compiled -o32)
> >
> > Has anyone come across a source for -n32 linked
> > Oracle libs?
>
> Nope. Oracle, for the moment, only support MIPS ABI (by definition -32) and
> -64 ABI versions.
>
> I'm sure eventually they'll consider an -n32 port and certification (and
> that's the bit that's hard) with more recent compilers, but that's not the
> case right now.
>
>-- End of excerpt from Alexis Cousein

      The word from Oracle `support' is that they doubt there will be -n32 support. SGI support in general is not high on Oracle's priority list of supported platforms. Actually, I was told it was VERY low on the list. Who are the two top platforms you might ask? NT & Sun.

--

  Brent L. Bates (UNIX Sys. Admin.)		Phone:(757) 865-1400
  M.S. 912			  		  FAX:(757) 865-8177

  Under US Code Title 47, Sec.227(b)(1)(C), Sec.227(a)(2)(B)
  This email address may not be added to any commercial mail list with out
  my permission.  Violation of my privacy with advertising or SPAM will
  result in a suit for a MINIMUM of $500 damages/incident, $1500 for repeats.