Having A Stored Procedure Call A C Program In UNIX

From: Rona Crystal <r#as#crystal_at_d#as#ri.mc#as#graw-hill.com>
Date: 27 Apr 1998 19:46:21 GMT

I am writing a stored procedure that must call a C program. I will be passing one or two variables. I need to wait for the C program to finish. I know there is a way to do this but I can't find it in the documentation, at least not in any manual that I could think of looking in. I thought it was called a user exit. Can anybody point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Rona Crystal
--

Note: My email address has been modified to discourage unsolicited commercial and offensive email that is sent by bulk mailers. To respond personally to this post, remove all strings beginning and ending with #. i.e. j#xx#doe_at_my#yy#comp.com becomes jdoe_at_mycomp.com

All opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not reflect the opinion of any other individual or organization.