Oracle Userid from OS

From: Joe Condle <condle_at_med.pitt.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 10:18:32 -0400

When running packages in Oracle 8 on sun solaris I want to use the userid logon to get me into oracle. The manual is not very clear on this. Please correct me if I am wrong. I think there is an enviromental variable called OPS$ that gets set to your current database in init.ora. Somehow from that you should be able to run your packages with an OPS$userid reference and not have to embed the userid/password in the package. Any help would be greatly appreciated we are relative newbies to oracle.

Joe Condle
Sys Engineer
Medical ARchival Systems Inc.
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Received on Mon Apr 27 1998 - 09:18:32 CDT