Re: [O8] Security Manager As SYSDBA ?

From: David <darussell_at_msn.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 16:23:12 +0100

Normal users should not logon as SYS (as this is the dictionary owner). To perform standard DBA work either log on as SYSTEM or grant the DBA role to your choosen user.

The SYSDBA and SYSOPER roles allow the DBA to logon in the SYS schema and allow such features as shutdown and recovery. To use SYSDBA you need to have REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORD = EXCLUSIVE set in the init.ora, then grant this role to the user. The fixed view v$pwfile_users contains the users granted these roles.

Please remember from 8.1 onwards the internal user will be removed.

Regards
David Russell