Re: Delphi cursor on PL/SQL table

From: Keith Boulton <boulkenospam_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 16:13:40 GMT

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:28:43 +0100, Ian Jennings <"ij"@microware.demon.co.uk(SPAMLESS)> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've checked every source and help I can think of so maybe someone can
>point me in the direction of a solution.
>
>I have a PL/SQL table that I am populating in a Stored Proc. I then want
>to get the data out of the table and returned to a Delphi app. I can
>return the whole table from the SP but Delphi doesn't allow me to do
>that. The best I can manage is a cursor. So, I need to be able to run a
>cursor down a PL/SQL table.

The simplest way is to define stored procedures that return a single row into out parameters which I believe Delphi supports. The procedure could provide either GetNext or GetByIndex support. It could populate the table when first request is issued or another procedure Populate could be provided. Received on Sat Apr 25 1998 - 11:13:40 CDT