Delphi cursor on PL/SQL table

From: SPAMLESS <_at_microware.demon.co.uk(SPAMLESS)>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:28:43 +0100

Hi all,

I've checked every source and help I can think of so maybe someone can point me in the direction of a solution.

I have a PL/SQL table that I am populating in a Stored Proc. I then want to get the data out of the table and returned to a Delphi app. I can return the whole table from the SP but Delphi doesn't allow me to do that. The best I can manage is a cursor. So, I need to be able to run a cursor down a PL/SQL table.

For example:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE temppkge AS

	TYPE type_foo IS TABLE OF foo%rowtype INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;
	PROCEDURE testcurs(foorec IN OUT ???);
END temppkge;

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY temppkge AS

PROCEDURE testcurs(foorec IN OUT ???) AS

	/* various cursors snipped... */
	footbl type_foo;

BEGIN
	Fill  footbl from cursors;
	Loop through footbl and return rows;

END testcurs;

END temppkge;

The table filling is no problem. It's what is required as a parameter to the procedure and the looping through and returning the rows. Tried all sorts of combinations, it doesn't like any of them and I can't find a suitable example in any of the helps, books or URL sources that I've got.

Any help would be *very* greatly appreciated.

TIA --

Ian Jennings
Microware Data Services

This post is made entirely from recycled ones and noughts