Unix 7.2.2 Hell

From: Paul Mattes <mattesp_at_voicenet.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 14:55:48 GMT

*,

trying to get a 2nd instance up under solaris 2.5.

1st instance SGA approx. 18mb. Starts up, no problem.

2nd instance SGA approx 9mb won't start. startup open returns

SVRMGR> startup open
ORA-07252: spcre: semget error, could not allocate semaphores. SVR4 Error: 28: No space left on device Additional information: 1
SVRMGR> exit

Knowing very little about Unix memory management, my suspicion is that this is shared memory related.
The /etc/system now has these entries:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=268435456
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
set shmsys:seminfo_semmns=400
set shmsys:seminfo_semmni=70
set shmsys:seminfo_semmsl=50

once rebooted, I can start the 1st instance, but still not the 2nd. Soooooo....i shutdown the 1st instance, and attempted to start the 2nd instance and still get the same return message.............

any thoughts ?????????/

Paul Received on Sat Apr 25 1998 - 09:55:48 CDT