How restore hotline backup ?

From: Bors <bors_at_park.ru>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 12:38:21 +0400

My greeting to all.
If ORACLE diggers answer me.

I have a hotline( on working database ) backup, this backup was done using following commands:
ALTER TABLESPACE ... READ ONLY;
ALTER TABLESPACE ... READ ONLY; cp datafile1 /backup/datafile
cp datafileN /backup/datafileN

And only tablespace that not turned to read only is SYSTEM. In process of copying no one write or read data. And no redo information was done( my database was running in NOARCHIVELOG mode ). After this i have try to restore database using following: CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE SET DATABASE "...." RESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG ....
DATAFILE
'/backup/system01.dbf',

'/backup/data10.dbf';

Created OK, but when i execute RECOVER DATABASE USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE Recovering process will fail, it asks for some redo files.

And my questing. Is possibly open database to read only( for reading data ) ignore some inconsistence in system datafiles( no data changes from start to finish backup process ). I assume that must be something............

Thank for advance.

PS: Please reply to email too

Bors/ Received on Sat Apr 25 1998 - 03:38:21 CDT