Re: Calling an oracle stored procedure from VB 5.0

From: Bors <bors_at_park.ru>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 13:02:10 +0400

>Jennifer Caudullo wrote in message <6hq6jh$bkm_at_jupiter.planet.net>...
>>I have written a package and package body in Oracle. They have compiled
>and
>>executed successfully. However. when I call them from VB, I get an error
>>message about passing the parameters in. I am not sure how to do this. I
>>have researched every possible area I know of. I would really appreciate
>it
>>if someone could help me with this. Below is the package and package body
>>in attachments. This is irrelevant to me, since I know they work. I am
>>concerned about the VB code. Below is the VB code. Thank you. I can be
>>reached at jennifer_caudullo_at_acwins.com

Hi Jennifer.
I have problem similar to you. Problem was when i try to call oracle sp or packages from ADODB, its not work with some ORACLE features. Check my words( i got this expirience while working with ADO ) 1. If you have procedures that may belongs to some users with the same ame( bors.gotit, jennifer.gotit ) ADO will execute( and parse ) some of them not depending of name you use to connect. 2. If you have package then you CAN'T execute procedures from it. 3. Finally ADO not correctly work with some sp parameters Hope this helps
Bors/ Received on Sat Apr 25 1998 - 04:02:10 CDT