Isolation level and Locks

From: philippe <philippe_at_arpege.imaginet.fr>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 09:12:56 +0200

Isolation level and Locks

Am I right to say that Oracle uses Rollback segment to prevent a user to see uncommitted data vs SQL Server which uses Locks on those data ??

To my mind, SQL Server has no Rollback segment and uses its log journal to rollback a transaction. To the opposite, Oracle uses rollback segments to undo a trnasaction without using the log journal (redo log) for an online session.

What is the default isolation level for oracle ?

Best regards (Philippe_at_arpege.imaginet.fr) Received on Fri Apr 24 1998 - 02:12:56 CDT