Re: Isolation level and Locks

From: Venkat <vreddy_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 14:21:39 -0400

Yes, SQL Server does not have a concept of rollback segments - unlike in Oracle, writers block readers. In SS, you can't do a rollback unless you are in a transaction explicitly opened with BEGIN TRAN. If you execute an adhoc UPDATE or DELETE statement you can't rollback unless you replay the log and do a recovery to a time before the statements.

Venkat