Re: Running a Daemon on NT 4

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 08:02:10 +0200

Paul Mongauzy wrote in message <353E83EF.7394_at_pss.boeing.com>...
>Hello,
>
> I am attempting to execute a daemon on an NT 4 server which is intended
>to provide some Operating System access for stored procedures written in
>PL/SQL. We have been able to unearth some examples for a UNIX
>environment but have not been successful in finding examples for an NT
>environment.
>
> If anyone out there could direct us in the direction for an example of
>Oracle Daemon running on NT, I would greatly appreciate it.

Deamons on NT are called services. Developing services is fully documented in the NT SDK (software development kit).

There is a service available on the NT 4 Resource Kit that enables you create a NT command file with the names of programs/services you want to start. Works pretty much the same way as the Unix "service" that runs the startup scripts in /etc/rc2.d

regards,
Billy Received on Thu Apr 23 1998 - 01:02:10 CDT