Running a Daemon on NT 4

From: Paul Mongauzy <paul.mongauzy_at_pss.boeing.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 23:57:35 GMT

Hello,

        I am attempting to execute a daemon on an NT 4 server which is intended to provide some Operating System access for stored procedures written in PL/SQL. We have been able to unearth some examples for a UNIX environment but have not been successful in finding examples for an NT environment.

        If anyone out there could direct us in the direction for an example of Oracle Daemon running on NT, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thankyou

Paul.Mongauzy_at_pss.boeing.com
(425)234-5743

We currently have in our possesion of some PRO*C code. Your code addresses the functionality of having Stored procedures access the Host OS. This code utilizes Pipes in order to provide the above functionality.

      We believe your code to be UNIX based and we are francticaly working in an effort to make this code work for an NT 4 Server. Although we are able to generate your PROC code into Visual C code we are having problems seeing this code through into a compiled state.

        Could you direct us to an example of a daemon that was originally written for NT 4 please?

Thankyou Received on Wed Apr 22 1998 - 18:57:35 CDT