Re: Error: ORA-01237 on Datafile Resize

From: Alan Campbell <ajc_at_cgocable.net>
Date: 1998/04/21

  1. If AIX is anything like industry standard unix then any file cannot be more than 2GB. 2048000K is 2048000 times 1024 which with a little file system overhead would be just over the 2GB limit.
  2. Just add another datafile.
  3. Although it may be possible to create datafiles up to 2GB or even greater on NT I personnaly do not recommend creating datafiles so big such that you can't relocate them easily when it becomes necessary. Personally I use a maximum file size of 1GB. You should simply add a datafile to this tablespace and create 2gb files.