Re: Error: ORA-01237 on Datafile Resize

From: Dave O'Keeffe <DOKeeffe_at_n0spam.cableinet.co.uk>
Date: 1998/04/21

This may seem on obvious question, but I am not trying to be a smart arse, you do have 2GB of disk space free don't you? I mean before you start. If your existing file is 1.5GB and you have 1GB free, does Oracle manage to extend the existing file by the 0.5GB extra (in which case there is enough space) or does it create a completely new file of 2GB, copy the requisite info, and delete the original file (in which case there isn't enough space).

Dave O'Keeffe

--
For email replys remove "n0spam." from the above address