Re: PL/SQL Tables

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 18:59:26 GMT

A copy of this was sent to zhouf_at_rintintin.Colorado.EDU (Fengqing Zhou) (if that email address didn't require changing) On 20 Apr 1998 16:47:46 GMT, you wrote:

>In article <3534bc5e.3221852_at_192.86.155.100>,
>Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com> wrote:
>>A copy of this was sent to "Thomas Kux" <tku_at_thomaskux.b.uunet.de>
>>(if that email address didn't require changing)
>>On Wed, 15 Apr 1998 06:31:54 +0200, you wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone know how the memory for PL/SQL tables is acquired ?
>>>Are the kept in memory or is a temp table generated.
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>
>>>Thomas
>>>

>>They are in RAM.
>
>Which RAM?
>Data buffer in SGA? Or PGA? Or Client side RAM? Or SHARED_POOL?
>Or depending on whether MTS is on?

Its Server side ram.

If using dedicate servers, this will be allocated in the shadow processes memory space.

If using MTS, all session memory is allocated from the SGA.

>Can you explain a little bit more?
>
>Thanks,
>

>>Thomas Kyte
>>tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
>>Oracle Government
>>Herndon VA
>>
>>http://govt.us.oracle.com/ -- downloadable utilities

>>Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation
>>
>>Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you,
>>you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced
>>email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Mon Apr 20 1998 - 13:59:26 CDT