Re: Oracle home D:\ORANT is already used by Windows

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 17:48:02 GMT

hyuen_at_istar.ca (Harry Yuen) wrote:

>I was trying to install (reinstall) programmer/2000 on a NT 4.0. After
>the choose language part I got this message saying that my Oracle home
>D:\ORANT is already used by Windows and then the force out of the
>Installer. I always used the Oracle default for home and D:\ORANT
>still contains my entire Developer 2000. I suspect there's a problem
>with my registry. I can't afford a total reinstall to diagnostic the
>cause of this, can you help?
>
>Harry Yuen
>hyuen_at_mdsmetro.com

This usually means that the installer has found some 16bit Oracle files in that directory - have you installed any Oracle products since the Dev/2000 original install?

Also try running the Orainst from the Orant\bin directory instead of the one on the Programmer/2000 media... Or, conversely, run it from the Programmer/2000 media if you ran it the other way when it failed.

Hope it helps...
John Greco
Oracle DBA
Email to : john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us Received on Fri Apr 17 1998 - 12:48:02 CDT