Re: Switching on SERVEROUTPUT in a stored procedure

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 02:07:37 GMT

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998 13:00:43 +0200, ali beidoun <a.beidoun_at_donau.de> wrote:

>My procedure generates many warnings and nonfatal errors, and
>i would like -some way- to display the output within a SQL*Plus
>session. Now I'm using the package dbms_output. But when
>the user, who executes this procedure (within a Plus
>session only!), doesn't know or forgets this fact, the procedure
>must do this for him.

I believe that you can set the buffer size with a call to a package procedure, but I don't think you can force SQL*Plus to display the output. I could be wrong about this, but since the SERVEROUTPUT setting is local to the SQL*Plus client, I don't think it can be affected by code on the server.

Jonathan Received on Mon Apr 13 1998 - 21:07:37 CDT