Re: Oracle 7 and Oracle 8 Coexistence???

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 13 Apr 1998 17:54:24 -0700

In article <35320D84.C4DB7250_at_specialtysystems.com>, Tom Tiplady <ttiplady_at_specialtysystems.com> wrote:
>Is it possible to have Version 7 and Version 8 installed on the same
>server (NT or HP UX)? I tried to get to the Oracle Web sight but it is
>down. I would guess that the software is installed in different home
>directories. Thanks in advance.
>Tom

For hp/ux, use the OFA (Optimal Flexible Architecture) directory structure, and be careful about your environment assignments (ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID). A database must be one or the other, although you can play games with particular tablespaces.

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest

jgarry@eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry "See your DBA?" I AM the @#%*& DBA! Received on Mon Apr 13 1998 - 19:54:24 CDT