Re: running developer/2000 forms on the web

From: Andrew Rose <sydscan_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 10:09:04 GMT

On Mon, 06 Apr 1998 15:41:32 -0600, jfn_at_msi.qc.ca wrote:

>i'm tryin to run a Form generated with designer/2000 on Netscape 4.04.
>i'm using oracle web server 2.1 and Forms 4.5 on windows NT 4.0
>i have set the WRB like notified in the doc of "developer/2000: deploying
>application on the web" and i systematically got :
>"please wait while the Forms client class files download and run.
>this will take a second or two ..."
>then an error message appears at the bottom saying :
>
>"Applet oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Main class
>oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Main not found"

I've just spent nearly 2 weeks trying to get this to work! AFAIK, it will ONLY work with the appletviewer - not with any browser. It takes about 90 seconds (1.5 minutes!!) to start up on a Digital Celebris 6200 with 48Mb RAM).
You also need to start the Forms Server process - I'm not sure if it's on the server or the client. I was running WebServer on the same PC, so it didn't matter to me.
Oracle tech support are pretty new to this, and couldn't help me out - I had to solve all my own problems.

My conclusion - Hey! I got it to work, but no way is this at all a viable proposition for deploying an application in the real world.

Good luck!! Received on Thu Apr 09 1998 - 05:09:04 CDT