Re: Redo log on data warehouse

From: s <spaquette_at_orisoft.com>
Date: 1998/04/01

Hi,

There is tremendous activity on the redo logs during the loading of the datawarehouse.
Usually, you load new data and recalculate aggregate data each night, so there is no data changing during the day. I'm currently working on a datawarehouse project with Oracle 8 and the strategy is to load each night
using the nologging option because all our disks are raid5 (poor writing performance) and take a backup of the
tablespaces that have changed after the load.

x <xenophon_at_usa.net> wrote in article <6fpoda$bqp$1_at_news.metrobbs.com>... Is there much activity in redo logs for a data warehouse?