Re: PL/SQL Table and Forms 5.0

From: <engsys_at_merlion.singnet.com.sg>
Date: 1998/03/30

Hi Sheila,

I have used record groups to accomplish a similar task. (in forms 4.5) It works fine.
can give more info if required.
rgds,

Prasad

Sheila Thackray (thackray.sheila.sj_at_bhp.com.au) wrote:

: We are currently using Forms 5.0.5.4.0 and PL/SQL v2.3.4.0.0.

: I am developing a solution that involves loading some rows from a database
: table into a PL/SQL table in Oracle Forms. I then want to pass this PL/SQL
: table from one program unit to another, and from one form to another within
: the runtime session.

: I can see how to declare a PL/SQL table in a packaged procedure and be able
: to pass that table as a parameter (you can declare the PL/SQL table in the
: package spec before declaring the function or procedure). My question is
: what is the syntax to be able to pass a table as a parameter in a forms
: program unit and as a forms parameter? Where do I declare the PL/SQL table
: so that I can include it in a parameter list? Or is there a datatype that
: can be used in the parameter list to declare the parameter (I tried using
: TABLE and was unsuccessful)?

: Any help would be much appreciated!
: Sheila Thackray
: B BHP Information Technology
: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
: Telephone: +61 3 9609 2109
: Fax: +61 3 9609 2276
: Email: thackray.sheila.sj_at_bhp.com.au