PL/SQL Table and Forms 5.0

From: Sheila Thackray <thackray.sheila.sj_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1998/03/22

We are currently using Forms 5.0.5.4.0 and PL/SQL v2.3.4.0.0.

I am developing a solution that involves loading some rows from a database table into a PL/SQL table in Oracle Forms. I then want to pass this PL/SQL table from one program unit to another, and from one form to another within the runtime session.

I can see how to declare a PL/SQL table in a packaged procedure and be able to pass that table as a parameter (you can declare the PL/SQL table in the package spec before declaring the function or procedure). My question is what is the syntax to be able to pass a table as a parameter in a forms program unit and as a forms parameter? Where do I declare the PL/SQL table so that I can include it in a parameter list? Or is there a datatype that can be used in the parameter list to declare the parameter (I tried using TABLE and was unsuccessful)?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Sheila Thackray
B BHP Information Technology
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Telephone: +61 3 9609 2109
Fax: +61 3 9609 2276
Email: thackray.sheila.sj_at_bhp.com.au Received on Sun Mar 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CST