Re: 24x7 database

From: Ronaldinho <Pastor.Fliege_at_Schalke05.ruhrpott>
Date: 1998/03/28

> Steve Phelan wrote:
>
> 2 TB 'spare' disk? (!). Gee, your company must be rich! :-)

Recently I have read an article about the guys at CERN in Geneva ( you know where they ask questions like "what is the meaning of the universe?" etc.)
who are going to set up a database with a size of several hundred PETABYTE! Honestly I haven't
got a keyboard to generate so many zeros ... :-) The DBMS must be able to process input at 1.5 GB/sec. (Don't worry, they didn't choose Oracle)

helmut Received on Sat Mar 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CST