Re: Silly questions , pl. help me !

From: <andreas.prusch_at_sintec.de>
Date: 1998/03/27

Question 1

If the optimizer decide to use the index the result of your query is already sorted. If not (the index is not efficient enough) the result is sorted in order of the appearance of the records in the database. You can force sorting by using the ORDER BY clause in the query or by passing a hint to the query (something very oracle specific, select /*+index (tablename indexname) */ column_list from ...)

Question 2

Yes, the argument must be of the same type as the table.