Re: Help: TNS80 Listner won't start

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1998/03/24

David W. Smith wrote in message <351709E4.16F1_at_tidalwave.net>...
>I am running O8 on a stand-alone NT 4.0 (SVP3)workstation.
>There are no other Oracle products installed. I am only
>running the default instance, ORCL. While control panel -> services
>shows the listener set to Automatic it will not start. When
>I try to start it I get: Error 1067: The Process Terminated

>Unexpectedly.

Try to start it manually and see what errors the listerner gives (lsnrctl start - but I guess Ora8 will call the program lsnrctl80.exe or something). There may be a config error in the listener.ora file or something. Another place to look for errors is the Event Viewer. If you're lucky, the listener service or NT would have recorded the reason the service faild to start. :-)

>However, I can connect to the starter DB with SQL*Plus, schema mgr, etc.

They don't use the listener for local connections - which is why they work fine.

regards,
Billy Received on Tue Mar 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CST