Help: TNS80 Listner won't start

From: David W. Smith <davidsmith_at_tidalwave.net>
Date: 1998/03/23

All,

I am running O8 on a stand-alone NT 4.0 (SVP3)workstation. There are no other Oracle products installed. I am only running the default instance, ORCL. While control panel -> services shows the listener set to Automatic it will not start. When I try to start it I get: Error 1067: The Process Terminated Unexpectedly.
However, I can connect to the starter DB with SQL*Plus, schema mgr, etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

--David Smith
dsmith_at_hpti.com Received on Mon Mar 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CST