Re: Vote NO: Comp.databases.oracle.server.java

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 1998/03/23

In article <3516F317.EA924386_at_nortel.com>, Vince Cross <bartok_at_nortel.com> wrote:
>Steve,
>
>(Note - followups redirected to comp.databases.oracle.server. PLEASE
>don't continue the crossposting madness.)
>
>Some people might consider your solicitation for NO votes to be "voter
>fraud". Even though I submitted a NO vote, if this proposal fails, I
>would fully support a waiver of the 6 month waiting period for a new
>vote due to your solicitation. Once a CFV has been posted, you should
>shut up and let people vote. Just in case you are new to USENET
>newsgroup voting, I'll spell out a couple of basics for you:
>
>RFD (Request For Discussion) - This is the period during which a
>proposal is made, discussed, possibly modified, etc.
>
>CFV (Call For Votes) - This is the period when actual voting on a
>proposal takes place. Note that I said "voting", not "discussion". The
>RFD comes first, then the CFV.
>
>Understand now?

Did you miss Steve's point entirely? We here in cdo.server suddenly got this RFD having to do with our group out of the blue - on 2/8/98 according to dejanews.

On 3/18/98 the cfv was published, according to dejanews. Steve published his "vote no" on 3/19. I think anyone who looks at Steve's post for that day can plainly see it is a comment on the fact that the RFD was not followed by any positive comments for the thing in the affected group. Your saying "voter fraud" is flame bait and shows exactly how little you read the group.

I would go much further and call this a newsgroup hierarchy invasion. The lack of actual discussion by the proponents of this new group in the cdo.server group shows a great lack of respect, to say the least.

So FOAD, you newsgroup abusers. MEOW in your own java hut.

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
jgarry@eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com