Re: Oracle Export

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 1998/03/18

In article <350CE593.A88933E2_at_ms3.hinet.net>, Wayne Yu <wenyu1_at_ms3.hinet.net> wrote:
>Hello All :
>
> Can someone tell me how to tranfer Oracle Export File
> into sequential file (Text File ) ?
>
> Now , we have a lots oracle export file (use exp utility) ,
> and we want to write a C program to transfer the data to
> pure text file , but we don't know the export file format ,
> can someone tell me how to get it ?

If you are on unix you can try the strings command, although I've found in some cases (like create tables with lots of columns) it truncates.

Apparently, the format is too difficult to bother with, which is why there are other responses to your post that don't answer the question of what the exp format is.

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
jgarry@eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com