Re: Database Link

From: <rljustice_at_techsoft.com>
Date: 1998/03/13

Thanks you for the information.

I chose Option #1 ...
I'll rename my databse
name later when I have more
time.

Thanks again...

Randy

In article
<6ea1qq$53t$1_at_inet16.us.oracle.com>,
  B.Manry_at_us.oracle.com wrote:

 rljustice_at_techsoft.com wrote:
> >I am tring to create a database link between
> >machine.

> > using 'KOITEST'
> >user_tables_at_testlink;
> >ORA-02085:

 database link TESTLINK.WORLD connects to ORACLE.WORLD

> It looks like you

 have GLOBAL_NAMES=TRUE specified in the
> init.ora file for the first

 database (the one in which the
> dblink is defined). This setting enforces a
 requirement
> for the dblink name to match the target database name.
>
> You

 have three choices:

> 1. Change the GLOBAL_NAMES parameter to FALSE to

 remove the name checking.

> 2. Change the name of your dblink to ORACLE
 to match
> the target database name. This may not work if you
> have also

 named the first database ORACLE. (The
> global names scheme wants each

 database to have a
> distinct name.)
>
> 3. Change the name of the target

 database to match
> your dblink name. A poor choice, since TESTLINK

 isn't very meaningful as a database name.

> Of these, #1 certainly is the

 easiest. Note, however, that
> revising your database names and imposing a
 scheme where the
> rule *could* be enforced has a lot of virtue if you are
 serious
> about using distributed databases.
>
> /b
> --
> Bill Manry -

 IBM Products Division - Oracle Corporation
> These are my opinions, not

 necessarily Oracle's.