Re: Archive mode

From: Vishal <vka68_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/03/13

Brad wrote:

> We have an Oracle Workgroup Server running on WinNT 4.0. I need to set it
> up in archive mode so that I can do a partial backup of the database once a
> week. I can get it to show that it will automatically archive, but it
> still says the database is in NO ARCHIVELOG mode. Any ideas?

It seems that you have made the changes in the init parameters, but have not changed the database from NOARCHIVELOG to ARCHIVELOG. to enable archiving you need to do two tasks.

  1. Change init parameters like log_arch_start, log_arch_dest
  2. Change your database from noarchive to archive. for this shutdown the database startup in mount state issue the command ALTER DATABASE ARCHIVELOG; open the database.

Vishal Received on Fri Mar 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CST