Re: ms-sql vs oracle on NT or UNIX?

From: Mike Adams <103701.1437_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1998/03/12

As far as i am concerned MS SQL is superior to Oracle as far as administration goes. Microsoft couldn't make it any easier. No test based files to edit, excellent online help, and decent books are written on it all the time.
And before somebody says you can't run a large database on MS SQL, I am running 500 gig database on a ALPHA 4100 with 4 gig ram and 4x400 processors. We have about 15,000 users coming in through a web front end running queries all day and night long against the database.