Re: Creating temporary tables that only exists during the query.

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_XXnospamXX.toneline.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/11

Let's answer the question another way: Why?

Oracle will create temporary segments as it needs them.

A table that was automatically dropped would be off no use to you, as you could never read from it.

A table that was dropped would suffer more overhead than one which was correctly sized and left where it is.

I'm completely at a loss as to what you are trying to achieve - maybe you could give us more detail?..

Look at PL/SQL tables (making them persistent in packages, if you need it) first, as this may be what you are looking for?

Steve Phelan.

<01bd4cf6$cbee4da0$9c802192_at_banu-hou130-1.hou130.chevron.com>...