JDBC/Oracle8 Binary Data

From: Haresh Assumal <assumal_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1998/03/10

Can JDBC get a 'blob' or a 'long' Oracle datatype? I want to insert very large strings > 4000 chars long into a table. I thus cannot use VARCHAR2 and need to use LONG or BLOB in Oracle. My question is how do I use JDBC to insert such a datatype?

I use setInt() or setString() and getInt() or getString() in JDBC is there any setBlob()/setLong() or getBlob() in JDBC?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. -Haresh
E-mail: assumal_at_sprynet.com Received on Tue Mar 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CST