Re: JDBC/Oracle8 Binary Data

From: Lee Usher <usherl_at_idx.com>
Date: 1998/03/11

Haresh,

You have to stream the blob into a long or long raw datatype in the database. When you download the JDBC drivers from Oracle, there is an example program in the samples\oci7\ directory named StreamExample.java. We used this example using the Thin driver. I'm sure it can be used with Oracle 8. I believe it is discussed in the documentation that comes with the drivers as well.

Thanks,
Lee Usher