Tuning the import buffer parameter

From: Matt Larson <matt_larson_at_jdedwards.com>
Date: 1998/03/10

Does it matter how large I set the buffer parameter on an import (from a speed perspective)? I have one table in my database with a 5meg row. All other tables can be imported with buffer=1000000. Should I import the rest of the tables with the small buffer, or just raise the buffer size for the whole import. What does this parameter really do? Would it hurt to set it to 10M, 100M, 500M??

Please email answers to
matt_larson_at_jdedwards.com

Thanks,
Matt Received on Tue Mar 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CST